Virtual 5K for IOCC
Join us to support IOCC’s humanitarian work around the world in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, and make your miles matter.
On June 27, we’re racing across the country (and across the globe!) in a virtual 5K to raise funds and awareness for IOCC programs. Keep yourself and your neighbors safe while helping people in need across the globe! Get the whole family involved and walk with us, run with us, exercise in your home, or bike for 3.1 miles. Complete our 5K together but separately, indoors or outdoors. It's a fun, safe way to help IOCC reach people who need help. Think about involving the whole family, or even reaching out to friends at your local parish so a church can participate remotely!
What does it mean to run/walk virtually?
While you should always follow guidance from local, state, and national authorities, one activity people can still do during this time of social distancing is exercise safely at home. Even if you need to stay indoors, you can walk or run in place, do aerobics, bike, use a treadmill or stair-stepper—or even run in circles in your backyard!
What does registration include?
Registration is $20 per person. All participants receive a virtual bib that you can download and print, a virtual medal once the race is completed, and a personalized fundraising page to share. The top three fundraising participants will receive a special gift: a handcrafted item from a country where IOCC works.
It’s Easy to Participate!
1) Click register above, or mail your registration with “Virtual 5K” in the memo to IOCC, 110 West Road, Suite 360, Baltimore, MD 21204
2) Challenge family, friends, and colleagues to join you.
3) Run or walk (or just move!) anytime on June 27, anywhere you choose—around the block, on the treadmill, in your backyard, on your porch.
4) Raise or donate funds to help those in need. Will you be one of our top three fundraisers?
5) Post a photo or short video after you complete your activity, and tag @ioccrelief on Facebook or Instagram so we can offer you a virtual congratulations!
We need everyday heroes like YOU to support IOCC’s mission. Thank you!